Write and edit private individual, foundation, and corporate proposals and stewardship reports for Texas managed donors, in collaboration with the fundraisers, conservation program, and finance staff to produce letters of intent, proposals, and reports for donors $25K+ to $1M+ range. (80%)
Project manages donor communications (20%) through maintaining a database of writing needs for the team, archiving materials, and donor communications for Development team. Clarifies team roles and deliverables, monitors timelines and communicates progress. Ensures efficiency and consistency in donor communications through branding standards, best practices budget development, and securing reviews and approvals. May work with freelance writers, graphic designers, photographers, printers and other vendors and staff, as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
- Coordinate projects with several variables, work within a defined timeline and budget.
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise interns, volunteers, and/or temporary staff.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget, processing invoices and transfers, and contracting with vendors.
- If required to provide centralized support to chapters or programs, will work with a minimum of three chapters or programs.
- Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
- Refer difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Travel and work flexible hours.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.