To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
Within RA the Platform Operations team enables other development teams through shared services, tooling, automation, and platform support. To maintain the velocity of the other teams short lead times are necessary. Meanwhile, the continued security and stability of our critical IT systems require proactive maintenance. The Plf Ops team monitors production, troubleshoots and fixes issues, architects and maintains the underlying infrastructure and automates deployments.
Individuals in the DevOps Engineer and DevOps manager role within Platform Ops support a range of applications and solutions to support both partners and Rainforest Alliance employees. They must be able to work well with the development and engineering teams, accurately describing incoming problems and then translating their technical answers into customer-friendly responses. DevOps engineers/managers work with a broad range of infrastructure products, operating systems, and applications. They provide maintenance and support for moderately to highly complex products and may work on one or more projects concurrently as a team member while also performing daily tasks on the infrastructure. As DevOps manager you coach your colleagues on technical solutions and the preferred way of working like infra as code. As the more experienced colleague you’re available for your colleagues for huddles and deliver asked and unasked advice to help the team and its individuals forward.
- Actively leads resolution of production support issues, that could be in the process, middleware, OS and/or database
- Is responsible for the installation of Operating Systems, middleware patches and tuning there of
- Is responsible for configuration management of the different environments for each of the platforms
- Is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of secure network infrastructure
- Builds deployment scripts & responsible for the deployment of releases to the different environments and ensures that it meets the customers’ expectations
- Implements, maintains and actively monitors the servers, virtual machines, applications and software backup. Restores and performs server and security audits
- Develops process tooling support such as infra as a code
- Leads continuous improvement by analyzing the bugs, incidents and stakeholder dissatisfaction to find out if these could have been prevented
- Proactively identifies and addresses the shortcomings in the DevOps way of working , the competencies, tooling, information available, and the behavior patterns observed