The Digital Advocacy Communications Manager supports engagement with members of Congress, their staff, influential constituencies, and other targeted audiences on behalf of The Nature Conservancy and its policy priorities through a variety of platforms and media, particularly social media (paid and organic), web and email. They will oversee a dynamic portfolio of digital advocacy campaigns and content of vital importance to our U.S. policy priorities. They serve as an expert on designing targeted digital campaigns and communications and can manage their rollout and measure their effectiveness. They are responsible for implementing and managing communications, advocacy campaigns and tactics as outlined in approved strategies and plans. They actively identify target audiences and devise digital and print advocacy campaign strategies at the national level. They manage a variety of platforms and tools to communicate to targeted audiences both internal and external and use a variety of tools to track and measure their effectiveness. They may develop and foster relationships with internal and external partners. As a part of our non-partisan organization, they will be comfortable understanding and communicating complex issues to audiences across the political spectrum.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Manage and serve as team lead on assigned communication initiatives, particularly those involving web, social media or other digital platforms.
- May supervise one or more team members.
- Manage assigned budget, evaluate results and develop recommendations for corrective strategies as needed.
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting project goals and objectives.
- Resolves complex issues independently within program area.
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals.