The Communications unit of the Alliance is currently searching for a Digital Communications Specialist. Reporting to the Digital and Internal Communications Coordinator, this role will be responsible to coordinate the Alliance presence on digital media, with specific focus on the Alliance website(s) to showcase our work and impact, and engage with our target audiences.
This position could be based at Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda, depending on the location, and nationality of the selected candidate.
- Lead the development of the Alliance’s corporate website, and act as focal point for its day-to-day management.
- Provide key input and advice for the development and implementation of the Alliance’s digital strategy.
- Create and curate content (including writing, editing, proofing and formatting) for the Alliance’s digital platforms, and optimize it according to SEO
- Cultivate links between communications and researchers to identify and develop digital content.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of flagship digital campaigns.
- Generate and analyze reports on web traffic and KPIs using Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and other social media focused analytics channels.
- Develop guidelines to regulate and harmonize the Alliance presence on the web.
- Provide support to the communication team activities as required including, but not limited to, organizing and promoting events, drafting communications reports, supporting the creation of donor materials, and providing advice, support and training to staff regarding communications needs.