This is a fantastic opportunity to join the movement in advancing ocean conservation forward and being a part of the blue wave of change. The Digital Coordinator supports Ocean Conservancy’s communications and marketing efforts by providing community and production support on Ocean Conservancy’s digital platforms.
- PRODUCTION: Produces and tests email blasts, advocacy alerts, petitions and fundraising appeals. Proofreads web and email content with a focus on detail and quality control. Assists in creating and updating website content. Curates blog posts on current ocean conservation topics and Ocean Conservancy initiatives.
- COMMUNITY LIASON: Interacts, communicates and cares for Ocean Conservancy’s digital community by responding to email and phone inquiries. Maintains the database of online supporters and donors. This includes reconciling duplicates, updating records and following best practices.
- GRAPHIC DESIGN SUPPORT: Edit photographs and create special graphics for web. Manage purchasing of stock photography. Manage internal photo library and processes for importing.
- REPORTING & TESTING: Assists in measuring analytics to track the success of Ocean Conservancy’s strategies and campaigns; creates reports to communicate results.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Manages Ocean Conservancy’s presence on LinkedIn and Pinterest through frequent postings. Tracks and reports monthly analytics and measures.
- OCEAN PROGRAMS: Serve as the digital lead for one or more of Ocean Conservancy’s campaigns. Writes original content for the Ocean Conservancy website, this includes blogs, web pages and outreach materials. Collaborates and assists in implementing yearly Photo Contest and other Digital initiatives and projects;
- Contributes to team brainstorms and discussions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.