The Digital Marketing Coordinator (Western US/Canada Division) will be responsible for creating and posting daily content to multiple social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) to advance conservation goals by reaching targeted audiences with key messages about our work in Canada and the Western U.S. They will also develop overarching social campaigns and measure effectiveness through determined KPIs. They will be responsible for building and updating website content as requested. A portion of the employee’s time may also be dedicated to producing e-newsletters for communicating with targeted audiences.
Working closely with their team and key stakeholders, they will develop content that aligns with our organizational priorities and values, matches our brand voice and tone, and helps establish our position as an expert on key conservation issues (e.g. Natural Climate Solutions, Indigenous-led conservation, sustainable conservation financing, freshwater). They will also support an executive visibility strategy for regional leaders by posting new content on behalf of leaders and developing recommendations for best practices on key platforms (e.g. LinkedIn). They will manage the online communities on these platforms, engaging with commenters and other handles as necessary, in order to build our audience size and influence conversations relevant to our work. They will use software systems to track and analyze web metrics and social media trends, and work with senior marketing managers to implement strategic recommendations. They will help advance our social media strategy by bringing new knowledge and thinking to our existing platforms and helping us establish baselines and goals for new platforms (e.g. YouTube).
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Coordinates and executes an editorial calendar for multiple social media accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Collaborates with staff across job functions and geographies to ensure our social media presence is aligned with our organizational priorities and values.
- Tracks and reports metrics and trends relevant to our social media accounts and web pages.
- Makes strategic recommendations for how to iterate our social media approach to best reach our target audiences and advance our conservation goals.
- Produces digital content for web and email as needed.
- Adheres to Nature United’s Guidelines for Communicating With and About Indigenous Peoples.
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Works within a budget to complete assigned projects or work.
- Opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks.
- Works with vendors/other parties to execute projects/deliverables.
- Willingness to occasionally travel.