This position leads overall coordination of outreach via social, web and email communications. Working with the marketing team and other constituents, this position will create and publish social media content on various platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to inform, educate and engage new and existing audiences as well as ensure that relevant content is accessible on the Arizona webpage. Other functions will include: digital support (e.g. web and email invites) for events; support for photo and video assets; and email outreach through the World Office or North America, to effectively communicate broadly the work of the Arizona Business Unit. This position will be the subject matter expert on social media, web and email strategy, coordinating with TNC teams to identify best practices that would benefit the chapter initiatives. Some administrative work will be required, including expense reporting, travel scheduling and meeting coordination, or other general support.
Social media 50%
- Working with marketing team, identifies content, timing and platform for social media posts
- Create and publish content
- Monitors and responds to engagement
- Develops strategies to build following
- Suggests and monitors advertising opportunities
- Serves as key point person for AZ within the TNC digital team
- Analyzes and reports on social outreach for board, internal and team evaluation
Web and email 30%
- Serves as subject matter expert on the TNC web platform and best opportunities to highlight AZ work
- Coordinates posts, page updates, photo additions
- Support email outreach for general news and events, both in the AZ chapter and through the North America or World offices
- Advises on best practices
- Analyzes web and email marketing metrics
General marketing, Arizona chapter, TNC NA 20%
- Supports marketing and events staff as needed for digital and creative assets, implementation and monitoring.
- Active engagement with relevant TNC teams
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines. Opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks and projects.
- Work with vendors/other parties to execute projects/deliverables.
- May supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff.
- Occasional travel within the state with possible over-night stays; occasional travel outside of Arizona for trainings, etc.
- May occasionally work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull, move 25 pounds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE