Are you looking for a career to help people and nature? Guided by science, TNC creates innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that people and nature can thrive together.
Together, with our dedicated and passionate staff in North Carolina, you’ll provide vision for the team and define system scale strategies and priorities. Your leadership will maintain and enhance the Conservancy’s position as a conservation leader and major partner within the Albemarle-Pamlico region. You’ll develop key partnerships with public and private organizations, and frequently make independent strategic decisions based on best available analysis, ambiguous information, and regional context. You’ll negotiate complex agreements, in a political environment, and write requests for proposal (RFPs) for grant/contract funding for the program to further our conservation priorities.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BA/BS degree and 7 years’ experience in conservation practice or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fundraising experience, including identifying donor prospects and donor cultivation.
- Experience with grant writing and administration.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including managing finances and coordinating the work of other professionals and partners.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies.
- Experience negotiating.