Manage the relationships with over 40 independent Certification Bodies that audit conformance with FSC standards in the field of forest management and supply chain management, to further strengthen the performance, integrity and credibility of our overall assurance system.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direction to the certification body community on how we implement the FSC Global Strategy 2021-2026 through relevant change processes.
- Drive the development of key performance indicators for certification body performance and propose measures how to increase the overall quality and consistency of FSC certification.
- Explore and encourage the engagement of certification bodies in strategic areas beyond auditing where independent verification, relevant technical knowledge, or on-the-ground presence is required.
- Make use of the certification body community to get true intelligence from the ground – in general and on a case-by-case basis.
- Craft agendas and review the overall engagement with the certification body community, such as quarterly calls and annual meetings.
- Act as a senior interface for all overarching matters and concerns brought forward by the certification body community and maintain direct relationships with major certification bodies.
- Listen to and learn from the certification body community to finetune our approaches and standards ensuring auditability and integrity.
- Interact with other important stakeholders on assurance quality such as other voluntary standard-setting schemes or the ISEAL Alliance.
- Execute leadership responsibilities as supervisor of a dedicated team and as a Deputy Director for the Performance and Standards Unit.