Are you a creative marketing pen-slinger with a mastery of written content, hypnotizing storytelling skills, and hard-won experience transforming complex science into epic poetry that moves hearts and opens wallets? Do you think strategically and globally? Are you goal-oriented, and do you enjoy working in a fast-paced culture in a virtual world?
You are a pro at shaping stories with a compelling voice and angle and should feel comfortable collaborating with writers across the organization to reframe stories.
In this role, you will be a storyteller with heart but will also consistently deliver high-quality content and strategy that aligns with our brand’s personality. You must be a team player since you’ll collaborate with C-Suite, senior stakeholders, and all members across Marketing and Communications.
You feel comfortable working with data to understand audience interest and use that to help guide editorial strategy. However, you also embrace innovative storytelling and experiment with new types of content. You will bring fresh, innovative content ideas and solutions as well as executional excellence to our strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum 10 years related work experience or an equivalent combination, including at least 3 years’ experience at a senior management level.
- Experience developing communications, media and engagement strategies and measuring results.
- Experience cultivating and managing relationships with senior level executives, Board of Trustees, Board of Directors and/or national media contacts.
- Experience in program management, including broad financial responsibility and measuring results of strategic plans.
- Experience managing a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience fostering an environment of creativity and professional growth.
- Experience designing, directing and implementing multiple projects.