Are you an exceptional relationship manager with the ability to influence for outcomes? Do you have a proven ability to manage and inspire a multi-disciplinary marketing and communications team? The Director of Marketing and Communications will provide direction and leadership over a multidisciplinary marketing team serving the TNC’s Wyoming and Montana Chapters. They will manage the creation and execution of marketing and communications plans, ensuring they are in alignment the strategic priorities of the respective chapter, the Western US and Canada division, and the global organization. These priorities include mitigating and adapting to climate change, protecting and restoring freshwater, securing habitat for biodiversity and collaborating with myriad partners including Indigenous communities.
They should be passionate about the environment and know industry best practices and trends across all marketing and communications platforms, as well as have the know-how to deploy the strategies successfully.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will develop and implement high-level, comprehensive and integrated marketing and communications plans to achieve the Wyoming and Montana chapter objectives. They initiate and implement key marketing initiatives and programs designed to achieve revenue goals, influence conservation action, steward existing supporters, and build awareness and engagement among a younger, diverse audience. They align staff efforts to match priorities.
The Director works closely with each chapter’s executive team, board of trustees, philanthropy colleagues, and conservation and government relations staff to ensure the delivery of programs. They partner with their colleagues across the global marketing and communications division and engage external vendors as needed to achieve outcomes. They manage the budget and operational delivery of the programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Serves as a thought partner with the Wyoming and Montana chapter leadership teams, chapter staff, and their respective board of trustees in identifying strategic opportunities to elevate the TNC brand and creating and executing integrated, multichannel marketing and communication plans.
- Designs, manages and implements multiple projects by coordinating the work of other professionals inside and outside the organization while implementing multiple projects/responsibilities on their own.
- Manages two or more professional staff and is accountable for the achievement of team business and professional development goals and objectives.
- Leads creation/administration of budget, evaluates results and develops corrective strategies as needed.
- Leads communication and media initiatives through collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Carries responsibility and accountability for meeting strategic goals and objectives.
- Ability to act independently within a specific program or project goals.