The Europe Policy Associate delivers timely, accurate policy research and political monitoring on key climate, biodiversity and sustainable financing issues across the main EU institutions and key European governments. They support, inform and often participate in engagement programmes with external stakeholders, helping to build external awareness of TNC’s mission and our work in Europe. They build and facilitate internal networks, coordinate stakeholder engagements and policy presentations, and conduct other activities as required to support the Europe Director Global Policy and Institutional Partnerships. The Europe Policy Associate may help to organise events with external policy stakeholders and help to develop strategic partnerships with relevant government agencies, conservation organisations, and industry to advance The Nature Conservancy’s conservation agenda. They may support the development of our policy communications materials for social media and other channels, working in collaboration with our Communications colleagues.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Provides research and policy analysis in support of legislative, corporate and/or policy priorities.
- Provides assistance with preparation of policy or partnerships materials including presentations, memos, and other communications.
- Assists with policy stakeholder engagement programmes, including key meetings and events.
- Supports coordination of teamwork across TNC Europe policy and public funding team.
- Financial responsibility which may include developing and working within a budget, processing check requests, and completing travel expense reports.
- Works independently, working with supervisor on complex matters as needed.
- Makes independent decisions within the scope of work assignments.