This is a position for a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills who wants to be part of an organization tackling the most important environmental challenges of our time. The candidate must be highly detail-oriented and be able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while taking direction from multiple people. The ideal individual will have the ability to be creative, exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The position will report to the Program Leadership Team Manager and will be located in Washington, D.C with the option to work remotely in the U.S. where we have a physical office location – Anchorage, AK; Juneau, AK; Bozeman, MT; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Honolulu, HI; Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Miami, FL; Tallahassee, FL; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Seattle, WA.
Executive Administrative Support (65%):
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the SVP of Program, VP of Litigation for Climate & Energy, and PLT Manager, including:
- Meeting scheduling and preparation
- Travel arrangements
- Expense reimbursements
- Time entry (e.g., i-Timekeep)
- Provide similar administrative and logistical support for other Earthjustice executives on temporary basis as necessary to back up other administrative professionals in the organization.
- Serve as a budget manager for the SVP of Program and VP of Litigation for Climate & Energy, drafting budgets, tracking expenses, and forecasting expenses.
- Support recruiting and hiring processes by assisting with screening resumes, communicating with candidates, scheduling interviews, and managing application materials.
- Approve the time and expenses of the SVP of Program and VP of Litigation for Climate & Energy’s direct reports.
- Draft and refine slide presentations, spreadsheets, and memoranda under the direction of the SVP, VP, and PLT manager.
- Other duties, as assigned
Program Leadership Team Support (35%):
- Assist the PLT Manager with data collection, entry, and reporting tasks associated with Earthjustice’s case management database and proactively correct data discrepancies and errors.
- Assist the PLT Manager with grants and sponsorships management by processing and tracking grants and sponsorships to ensure compliance with policies and reporting requirements.
- With the PLT Manager, design internal communications tools to keep staff informed of the work Program is doing generally and the work of the PLT. This includes, but is not limited to, managing and building out the PLT’s Intranet space to promote transparency and writing posts such as interviews with different members of the PLT and the broader senior leadership.
- Manage and complete special projects as assigned, including research and planning.
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required, and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.