The External Affairs Senior Manager plans, develops, implements and coordinates a comprehensive external affairs initiative for Indonesia business unit to affect government policy and regulations at national level to further mission of Yayasan Konservasi Alam Nusantara (YKAN) of preserving biological diversity. Duties include regular contact with central government officials regarding matters pertaining to regulatory actions related to terrestrial programs and sustainable practices. S/he serves as YKAN primary contact to government agencies, multilateral agencies, business and private institutions, other conservation organizations, foundations and the academic community relating to the work of terrestrial programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- May supervise a team of administrative and/or professional staff with responsibility for performance management, training and development.
- Applies a diversified knowledge of practices to support YKAN strategies.
Support program objectives by working in a complex matrix organization environment and works collaboratively within a cross-functional interdisciplinary team.
- Develops relationships and works effectively with corporate, government, community, and non-governmental organization partners.
- Acts independently within broad program goals.
- Develops and implements multi-year fundraising strategies and goals.
- Participates in negotiates for complex, high profile or sensitive agreements
YKAN may, from time to time, assign the Employee to another location(s) in accordance with the requirements of the Employee’s job description and/or YKAN’s operational needs. The Employee agrees to work in such other work location(s) in Indonesia