Conservation International protects nature for the benefit of humanity. Through science, policy, fieldwork, and finance, we spotlight and secure the most important places in nature for the climate, biodiversity, and for people. With offices in 30 countries and projects in more than 100 countries, Conservation International partners with governments, companies, civil society, Indigenous peoples, and local communities to help people and nature thrive together.
The accountant manages daily accounting tasks, reviewing all related accounting documentation, and issuing payments. The accountant processes all transactions in the accounting system and assists with monthly/yearly closing activities.
- Examine invoices, cash advance reports, and travel expense reports to ensure that procedures are respected.
- Manage payments (online, checks, manual wire transfer) and bank account balances.
- Processing all transactions in the system to ensure all transactions are recorded (invoices, payments, petty cash, General Ledger).
- Assist with the monthly/yearly closing activities.
- Contribute to internal/external audit activities and provide information as requested.
- Typical office environment. May need to work beyond normal work hours to meet reporting deadlines.
- Guidance on flexible work arrangements will be shared during the interview process.
- This is a fixed-term assignment.
- 2 to 4 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Bacc +3).
- Proven experience in accounting, knowledge of computerized accounting software and Microsoft Office, and ability to work in a team.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter.