The Finance Manager provides highly specialized finance/accounting-related services to our Pennsylvania/Delaware and West Virginia business units through a shared services model. The position provides finance business reporting, budgeting and analysis to project managers and leadership including our Board of Trustees. The position performs accounting activities related to maintenance of financial records and systems, journal entries for the financial close and grant administration. Working under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, the Finance Manager delivers accounting and finance activities for both Business Units.
The Finance Manager provides specialized services in financial management and reporting; accounting; grants administration, management and reporting; or similar financial activities for a department or business unit. They have a high level of expertise in their area(s) of specialization. The position administers and maintains finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial management. The Finance Manager provides assistance to staff in their specialty area. They respond to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of the subject area.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Focused on the strategic priorities of the business units by developing tactics for approved plans and completing day-today tasks.
- Creates and distributes financial reports for staff and trustees.
- Provides budgeting support, reporting and analysis to project managers and the leadership team.
- Prepares and presents complex financial data and budget information in an easy to understand way.
- Provides analysis for the quarterly financial certification review.
- Responsible for transactional accounting duties including journal entries, cash receipt forms, reconciliations, revenue allocations, etc.
- Provides financial systems oversight and support.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- Coordinates projects.
- Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.