The Program Finance team is part of the Accounting and Finance Department, which reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The team plays an integral role in overseeing the financial management of NRDC’s grants and supporting the budgets of our advocacy programs. The team also partners closely with the CFO on the overall strategy and management of the finance organization, including managing partnerships with internal stakeholders and leading large-scale, cross-functional strategic, control and infrastructure initiatives that support the long-term financial sustainability of the organization.
This is a great opportunity for a flexible individual with an aptitude to handling sizable information and meeting expectations. Ideal candidate would be solution-oriented with a passion for analysis and critical thinking.
The Finance Analyst will report to the Deputy Director, Finance. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage post award administration functions required to onboard grants onto the Accounting and Finance platforms. Including capturing modifications in a timely manner.
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll accounting for grants within assigned programs and related personnel including initiating and posting of salary benefit and indirect distributions
- Prepares routine journal entries for reclass process.
- Assist with data gathering for financial reporting and analysis across internal finance and accounting systems.
- Fields ad-hoc requests from program finance department in a timely fashion, ensuring the availability of information and documentation for audit trail.
- Assists in the organization’s year end close-out procedures, not limited to preparing and processing reclasses, and providing progress reports.