Greenpeace International (GPI) is seeking a Forest & Land Use Expert to support the delivery of our projects and campaigns on innovative and alternative approaches to land use, forest protection and restoration. Our biodiversity campaigners and issue experts, spread across the world, focus on land use and forest, as well on food and oceans, working towards transforming the way humans interact with the natural world around us.
You will act as an analyst and campaigner, advising and creating meaningful campaigns in collaboration with our National and Regional Offices (NROs), biodiversity and climate campaigners, and engagement and communication teams.
In this role you will:
- Support relevant NRO efforts to develop global and national campaigns and support their implementation with technical advice, preparation of outputs, facilitating internal processes, liaising with external experts, etc.
- Organize internal webinars, training and other forums on emerging technical issues that are relevant for our biodiversity and climate related campaigns.
- Follow key developments and regularly summarise these to our campaigners.
- Identify and instigate research, identifying and coordinating investigation and analysis, to support global campaign project goals.
- Prepare external and internal reports, policy positions, fact sheets and briefings in support of campaign objectives.