This position performs a variety of foundation support tasks, including copy-editing assignments, help with writing Board and other reports and donor relations and database tasks such as funder acknowledgements and data updates and queries. It requires frequent interaction with staff members within the organization.
This role can be based in the San Francisco, CA office or Remote from the US.
Data entry and Hygiene, 50%
- Enter the majority of the Foundation team’s data into BBEC including but not limited to: Plans, opportunities, activities, moves, contact reports and grant agreements.
- Support Associate Director with regular projects like portfolio rebalance reviews, prospect assignments and maintain data hygiene.
- Participate in department and organizational work teams and projects, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Systems and Operations support 40%
- Support the Associate Director for Foundations Data, Systems, and operations in setting up new systems to support the team.
- Provide administrative support to the team including travel, meeting scheduling, and other forms of support, as needed. (Move to next section, sys. ops. support)
- Document policies and procedures for the team as they are developed.
- Assist with reports, mailings of proposal documents, reports, and annual reports.
- Assist with submission of research requests.
Research and Writing 10%
- Assist with proposal and report development and submission for Foundation Officers as needed.
Advancing Earthjustice’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals: (Ongoing)
- Proactively pursue and utilize internal and external resources to support a personal and professional development journey that increases awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Participate in internal committees and working groups to further institutional priorities and build an inclusive and equitable work environment that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Ensure the incorporation of inclusive practices in all duties and responsibilities, on a consistent and ongoing basis, including but not limited to verbal and written interactions with constituents and Earthjustice staff.
- Elevate and build capacity of partner organizations by supporting them in their organizational journeys, elevating their work with Foundations as appropriate and assisting them in securing access to philanthropic resources.