The Gender and Equity Program Coordinator directly supports the Gender and Equity and Advisor, the Asia Pacific regional team and BUs in the Asia Pacific region by coordinating and supporting all aspects of project and network coordination and management under TNC’s regional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategic plan. Specifically, they support the implementation of equitable conservation work in the Asia-Pacific, focused on increasing gender equity in 2030 goals for land, sea and freshwater protection outcomes. They will coordinate and manage our leaning network across Asia Pacific, our internal and external communications coordinate learning from TNC’s GDEI work, foster cross-team/site learning, and coordinate and manage logistics for delivery of events and knowledge products to share learning and best practice from TNC’s and partners’ field work. They will liaise with other TNC staff, notably colleagues in BUs across AP and global teams, as well as external actors, to coordinate and support the successful delivery of the AP Region’s Equitable Protection project and the regional GDEI strategic plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Coordinates and supports management of Asia Pacific’s Equitable Protection project and a network of practitioners across Asia Pacific, including developing and monitoring progress against project work plans, overseeing and motivating a high standard of implementation, financial management, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and reporting.
- Leads coordination, data collection, analysis and documentation of findings from TNC’s GDEI work in the Asia Pacific region.
- Coordinates and facilitates learning and sharing of best practices from TNC’s and partners’ GDEI field work through the coordination of knowledge products in a range of formats and/or hosting of events (whether virtual or in-person).
- Coordinates with multiple teams across complex and diverse projects encompassing multiple geographies and/or organizations for joint-proposal development, project execution, etc., often requiring gaining cooperation of colleague with no direct supervisory authority.
- Works within a budget to complete projects, negotiates and contracts with vendors and assists with budget development.
- Supports with public and private fundraising efforts to support delivery of the regional GDEI strategic plan and associated projects in the places where TNC works.
- Ensures project compliance with internal policies and external requirements