The Gift Planning Officer contributes to the implementation of a comprehensive program to secure significant financial resources from individuals primarily through bequests and life income gifts.
The Gift Planning Officer cultivates, negotiates, and closes outright, bequest and life income gifts through phone, written and occasional face-to-face contact, performs calculations using PG Calc and assists in the timely transfer of funds. Drafts proposals based on donors’ unique circumstances. Discusses assets proficiently and listens for opportunities for gifts of assets or other non-cash gifts. Involves and engages appropriate partners in the field and staff at the Worldwide Office, keeping them informed of interactions, issues or concerns, addressing questions and recommending prospects and donors for further cultivation and stewardship. Required to understand and use the donor database to manage donors in pipeline. Understands and complies with all TNC gift-related policies and procedures and ensures ethical compliance, as defined by the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Nature Conservancy is seeking a Gift Planning Officer who’s passionate about connecting with donors to match their needs and interests with our long-term conservation goals. You would be part of a team of development professionals cultivating gifts that help our donors leave a legacy for future generations. The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation leader with one of the most established Gift Planning programs in the United States. Come join us!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents.
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $100,000 or more.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably in a large non-profit.
- Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.