The role-holder is someone who has a deep commitment to furthering intersectional climate justice and the aims of 350.org and is comfortable making decisions based on data, has an affinity for online tools and technology, and can write creative content that inspires people to take action.
This is a highly collaborative role, with often-changing priorities and requiring both flexibility and good time and workload management. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in a small cross-cultural team, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
This role will sit within 350’s Global Digital Campaigning & Organising Team and will report directly to the Global Deputy Director of Digital Campaigning & Organising.
- Develop, implement and monitor digital campaigning, organising, engagement, and mobilisation plans, in line with 350’s global strategy, in close collaboration with other digital staff, comms, campaigns, and regional teams.
- Lead on long-term projects and campaigns to ensure supporter engagement and impact.
- Coordinate the creation and dissemination of digital campaigning and engagement content (websites, email, online actions, videos, social and multimedia content) for assigned projects and mobilizations.
- Identify opportunities and lead planning and implementation of global rapid-response online campaigns around a variety of targets that meet our goals of growing and empowering the global climate movement, including supporting bottom-up, user-generated campaigns.
- Contribute to the training and digital empowerment of 350’s staff in digital campaigning and organizing skills and tools.
- Engage in initiatives that foster team collaboration, including meetings, training, retreats, and special projects.
- As a member of the Global Digital Campaigns and Organizing Team, support the development and running of 350’s digital ‘Community’, made up of digital staff across the organization.