The Grants Associate provides specialized services in accounting or similar financial activities for the Arizona chapter. They are an expert in their area of specialization. They administer and maintain finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures, donor requirements and best practices in financial management. Specifically, this position provides a wide range of administrative and financial support to a Grants Specialist or a team of Grant Specialists for incoming public awards, outgoing sub-awards or grants, and contracts for services.
Responsibilities may include:
- Financial system data maintenance and analysis (approximately 80%)
- Running reports from the financial system
- Conducting research on recorded expenses
- Entering and updating award info and budget information
- Cost assignment and invoicing
- Preparing journal entries
- Closing out awards
- Completing other required tasks in the financial system
- Other (approximately 20%)
- Assisting in maintaining auditable grant files in Box
- Drafting outgoing grant agreements or contracts for services using standard templates.
- Administration of Public Funding Pipeline Management
- Participating in Operations, AZ Business Unit, Division, Regional and TNC-wide meetings, trainings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Position location is flexible from home office anywhere within the continental U.S. with preference given to Arizona or an established Nature Conservancy office in Phoenix or Tucson, Arizona, if space is available.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Ensures TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
- Other duties as required.
- Occasional travel which could include over-night stays (such as staff retreat in Arizona; miscellaneous trainings throughout U.S.).