NRDC is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in the New York office. In this role, you will work closely with the HR Partner to advise and support the delivery of HR services to a diverse client group of advocates, lawyers and subject matter experts. You will serve as a key resource to clients and Operations partners on the application and interpretation of HR policies and processes, and the coordination of the employee lifecycle. You will also have the opportunity to bring your execution excellence, exceptional client service, and creative problem solving skills to a variety of people challenges, initiatives and process improvements.
Since March 2020, NRDC’s physical offices have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Until circumstances allow us to re-open our offices, we will continue to support staff with remote working arrangements.
- Drive the execution of employee lifecycle activities including onboarding (orientation, new hire check-ins, etc.), staff mobility (leaves, remote work arrangements, etc.), development (promotions, professional development applications) and departures (communications, exit interviews, etc.).
- Advise, interpret and respond to inquiries related to HR policies and processes, ensuring timely resolution and consistent application.
- Analyze data and recommend solutions to individual compensation questions.
- Gather information, draft documents, and liaise with appropriate stakeholders to support the resolution of employee relations cases.
- Coordinate visa applications in partnership with the HR Partner and internal / external counsel.
- Support the roll-out of HR policies and projects within client groups, in collaboration with the HR Partner.
- Support organization design and change management initiatives.
- Champion HR best practices, NRDC values and DEI principles to clients and internal partners.
- Liaise with HR Partner, HR centers of expertise, and Operations partners to elevate client issues, feedback and trends as appropriate.
- Other duties as needed to support the HR team and client / institutional priorities.