The Information Technology Technician I, assists in researching, troubleshooting, maintaining, deploying, tracking, and purchasing of information technology systems for The Nature Conservancy programs/personnel in the Southern US States. The IT Technician I position researches and resolves complex IT problems that TIER I is unable to resolve
This position will be in Kissimmee or Greater Orlando location.
The Information Technology Technician I (ITT) joins team of regional IT Operations Managers (ITM) focused on troubleshooting, deploying, maintaining, tracking, and purchasing information technology systems for Nature Conservancy offices and staff. The ITT assists staff with troubleshooting software and hardware problems, including network issues. They provide technical instruction and guidance. They monitor, optimize performance, and provide disaster recovery service for local information systems. The ITT acts as a point of communication between IT, primary operating business units, and external vendors. They perform local operations functions as appropriate in accordance with TNC and IT standards, policies and procedures. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
Technical support (75%)
- Provide both in-person and remote technical support on PCs and network equipment.
- Perform complex software and hardware troubleshooting under the direction of an ITM or Regional IT Manager.
- Provide new TNC staff with PC setup.
- Monitor security compliance in accordance with TNC and IT standards, policies and procedures.
- Aid with the IT portion of new office setups, office expansions, etc., including relocation and/or installation of voice/data communications solutions, LAN and PC equipment.
Operational support (15%)
- Assist with local inventory maintenance, software license management, and technical documentation.
- Responsible for purchases and installation of IT hardware and software for primary Operating Units.
- Provide new staff introductory orientation.
- Improve staff learning and proficiencies by providing technical instruction either individually or in groups.
- Collaborate with the regional IT team to communicate and deploy new technology standards and best practices.
- Act as a point of communication between IT, primary operating business units, and external vendors.