The internship is a great opportunity for a student or recent graduate, who is interested to learn about the functioning of an international campaigning organization, to be exposed to and to participate in complex geopolitical conversations and strategic planning, to gain deep knowledge of environmental problems and solutions and to experience teamwork at a global level.
The role will be remote initially as we continue to be home-based under COVID-19. However, the candidate should be able to commute into our Amsterdam office, when it is safe to do so. Further information on how Greenpeace International is working to ensure a safe working environment for staff, will be provided to the successful candidate.
You will have:
- Degree in Political Science, International Relations, other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Keen interest in an area of international politics, trade, peace or democratic space would be an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English (proficiency in an additional language is desirable)
- Great organisational skills, with good attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- An innovative and proactive approach, with the ability to work independently
- Tech-savvy: proficiency in GSuite and/or Microsoft Office, Google mail and related applications, video conferencing tools, etc.
- A flexible approach, even when working under pressure, in a fast-moving and changing environment
- A people-focused approach to work and ability to work collaboratively
- Support for and belief in the core aims and values of Greenpeace
- A commitment to diversity and multiculturalism
- Ability to act with discretion and respect of confidentiality