Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day.
By joining our Caribbean Division’s Jamaica team, you will become part of a group that is a force to be reckoned with; a force for nature, a force for people, and a force for our planet. Our team consists of a dedicated group who are leading the conservation effort on multiple fronts and who expertly bring strategy and action together.
The ideal candidate should have experience in implementing conservation projects and maintaining project records, providing hands-on guidance and technical expertise on coral reef restoration and conservation, and have experience engaging with communities and conservation groups. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by supporting and shaping the work of our multi-cultural team!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BSc degree and 5 years’ experience in coral reef conservation, science, restoration, or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience communicating and engaging with local community partners and other stakeholder groups.
- Experience conducting coral restoration/conservation using current management methods and science.
- Experience explaining coral reef conservation practices to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of coral reef biology, conservation strategies, current trends and practices both locally and regionally.
- Knowledge of Caribbean stony corals species, coral reef survey experience, and ability to identify critical threats to coral reef ecosystems.
- Must be SCUBA certified with scientific diving experience.
- Experience performing physical work while snorkeling or SCUBA diving in open water or from the shoreline for 1-2 hours at a time in challenging weather conditions. Repetitive diving may occur.
- Must be willing and able to become AAUS certified, if not already certified.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Experience using applications of standard Microsoft business software.