The Manager of Arctic Marine Debris Initiative works to expand Ocean Conservancy’s support for, and partnership with, Alaska communities, Tribes, and other entities working to reduce the impacts of marine debris. This position plays a critical role in expanding the International Coastal Cleanup partner network by working in Alaska and the broader Arctic to increase the reach and impact of Ocean Conservancy, the International Coastal Cleanup, and the Arctic Program. The Manager identifies opportunities to support cleanup events, coordinate partners, and participate in regional or other planning efforts. In this way, the Manager is responsible for helping to steward, cultivate and enrich partnerships that advance the International Coastal Cleanup and Trash Free Seas and Arctic Program goals.
- Help support and expand a diverse network of entities that work on marine debris issues in Alaska.
- Represent Ocean Conservancy on local and regional working groups.
- Identify opportunities to support cleanup events and act as the liaison between local partners and Ocean Conservancy.
- Provide regular communication and support to new and existing partners working on marine debris removal and policy.
- Identify opportunities to build community partnerships and advance Ocean Conservancy’s goals through work on marine debris and related issues.
- Engage with regional, national, and/or global organizations to represent and amplify Ocean Conservancy’s work.
- Perform other duties to advance Ocean Conservancy’s goals and mission.