The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable development, land-use, and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Institutional Relations (IR) and working as part of a global team of fundraising professionals, the Manager, Institutional Relations will be charged with growing relationships and securing funding from corporate and private foundations. They will work closely with program and finance staff to develop detailed fundraising strategies, position RA for funding opportunities accordingly, and submit grant applications with the goal of meeting short-term revenue targets and adding to the long-term pipeline of institutional funding for future years. The Manager, Institutional Relations will maintain a distinct donor portfolio with emphasis on U.S.-based as well as international corporate and private foundations. They will also help ensure high-quality and timely reporting to IR donors.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviors we demonstrate.
- Manage a distinct donor portfolio with focus on U.S.-based as well as international corporate and private foundations.
- Write, adapt and edit proposals, reports, and concept papers for international field projects and programs, working closely with program staff and field teams;
- Proactively identify new funding programs and sources to help ensure growth of a healthy financial pipeline for future years;
- Advance and implement strategy to secure foundation revenue as well as corporate philanthropy funding, with specific fundraising targets identified for the short and long term;
- Work across the institution to ensure that IR fundraising strategies complement RA’s programmatic goals and help achieve impact at scale desired;
- Engage regularly with contacts at key donor agencies/foundations in relation to funding opportunities in the areas of international development, poverty alleviation, and environmental conservation;
- Input and track detailed pipeline and grant information, including budgetary projections, in RA’s donor database (Salesforce); and
- Other tasks as assigned.