The Manager of Strategic Legacy Engagement will work toward meeting the priorities of TNC’s 950+ high-level Legacy Club member program by developing and implementing approved plans and to the stewardship and engagement needs of these Legacy Club members. This stratum of Legacy Club members is growing at more than twice the rate of the overall audience, and it is imperative that these donors are engaged with TNC and their legacy commitments. The Manager will build guidelines and analyze data to achieve results, create workflow, and solve problems. They will report to the Associate Director of Legacy Club Program on activities. The Manager should be an expert in the best practices of donor engagement, systems and resources utilized by the Legacy Club team. They apply knowledge to managing support and designing communications in partnership with internal stakeholders. They will champion this new engagement with support from colleagues, and by influencing across teams, adapting to feedback and changing requirements while remaining persistent in pursuit of goals. They develop documentation, modify processes, and participate in the enhancement of systems and tools used to engage these donors. The Manager will keep up-to-date on market trends and best practices in order to improve engagement and best practices. The Manager works in close cooperation with and as a liaison for the team with TNC staff, donors, Trustees, vendors, institutions and other partners. They will provide advice, recommendations, and training related to the engagement of all 30K+ Legacy Club members, and with specific focus on this top audience. They will manage diverse tasks, analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, project outcomes, and implement solutions in order to improve effectiveness. They take on additional duties to enhance the work of the team, such duties may include, but are not limited to, providing donor outreach, fulfilling correspondences and supporting general program administration, leading training initiatives, developing documentation, and/or enhancing systems and tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Accountability for strategic plans and goals related to high level Legacy Club engagement.
- Enact strategic plans with colleagues and constituents.
- Ability to influence without authority and understand negotiation skills and tactics.
- Act independently and in supervisor’s stead as needed, exercise independent judgment to identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Develop and implement new initiatives that will ensure department and organization-wide goals and strategies are achieved.
- Ensure programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards, and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Manage and implement multiple projects, setting deadlines and ensuring accountability.
- Travel occasionally, work long and flexible hours as needed.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- Takes a leadership role to coordinate the work of peers in support of program’s goals.
- Ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, and external (donor/legal/IRS) requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes working within a budget, processing invoices and transfers, and negotiating and contracting with vendors.
- Provide centralized support to chapters or programs, will work with a minimum of five chapters or programs.
- Implement program’s strategic goals.
- Lead project teams as assigned for the development and implementation of new initiatives or the improvement of existing programs.
- Provide oversight for one or more key functions of the team.