The Marketing and Communications Manager leads the Shellfish Growers Climate Coalition’s marketing and communications program. This includes developing, managing and implementing strategies that facilitate comprehension, adoption, and advancement of the coalition’s goals and objectives. This is carried out through key constituencies, including coalition members, consumers, community members where coalition member businesses are located, and policy makers.
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing focused communication, marketing and earned media strategies to help the coalition be a driving force toward a low carbon future. The manager facilitates communication among all parts of TNC’s globally dispersed marketing division, and internal and external stakeholders, including coalition members.
The manager devises strategy around and delivers a variety of communication materials to further the goals of the coalition. They provide editorial advice and expertise, oversee coalition and cross-departmental communication efforts, and work with outside writers and related vendors. Their written products may include newsletters, website content, social media posts, op-eds, and presentations.
The manager also actively identifies target audiences and facilitates earned media placements around key moments for the coalition, through collaboration with individual chapters, the global media team, coalition members, and outside vendors. They strategize and recommend contracting marketing and communications services and manage relationships with contractors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Has primary responsibility for communications strategy design and execution of all SGCC communications, including creation and management of communications and marketing plan.
- Acts as a strategic partner with TNC state chapters and North America marketing and communications teams, helping to identify strategic communications needs and serving as a resource to solve problems.
- Supervises marketing contractors, with responsibility for performance management. Establishes clear directions and sets objectives. May also supervise volunteers and interns.
- Leads and manages implementation of social media and earned media strategies.
- Writes or supervises development of all newsletter, website and social media content.
- Oversees visual image and writing style across media to elevate the SGCC brand.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting project goals and objectives.
- Resolves complex issues independently within program area.
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals.