At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented Markets Transformation Manager to position the Rainforest Alliance as a sustainability partner of choice and thought leader with key industry forums and companies in the UK and Ireland.
Market Transformation is the strategic process of intervening in a market to create lasting change in market behaviour by removing barriers and/or utilizing opportunities to accelerate the adoption of all sustainable sourcing practices and landscape investment.
At The Rainforest Alliance, Market transformation describes both a policy objective and a program strategyto promote the value and while we recognize and harness the power of market forces and players, we conceptualize market transformation as a holistic, multi-stakeholder strategy.
Working with the Key Markets team within Markets Transformation the UK Country Manager will use their knowledge of UK and Irish supply chains and the sustainability agenda to develop and implement a Country strategy to make Rainforest Alliance the preferred sustainability partner.
A key distinction is that market transformation is motivated by the social objectives of improving the performance of supply chain. And like marketing strategies in the private sector, it often requires ongoing measures to achieve and sustain desired market outcomes.
- -The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- -Leads creation and implementation of Markets Transformation strategy in the UK and Ireland to establish Rainforest Alliance as a sustainability leader in the market;
- -Gathers market intelligence on sustainability trends and insights that are relevant to advancing Rainforest Alliance’s mission and strengthening our relevance to global sustainable development;
- -Responsible for Markets Transformation revenue goals in the UK and Ireland;
- -Responsible for expanding engagement across Rainforest Alliance’s suite of offerings;
- -Collaborates with other relevant departments on Rainforest Alliance’s positioning in the market (notably Advocacy & Themes and Marketing & Communications).
- -Manages a portfolio of relationships including corporate partners, industry forums and other key stakeholders in the UK and Ireland;
- -Creation and monitoring of country and account plans/goals for most important accounts in the UK and Ireland;
- -Works closely with colleagues in the Certification Led Sectors department to understand Rainforest Alliance’s sector priorities and translate that into engagement and growth opportunities in the market;
- -Advance organizational visibility and thought leadership (i.e. uptake of certification and market innovations, engagement with relevant stakeholders, media coverage, etc.);
- -The incumbent will lead a small team of individuals and will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring; mentoring and evaluating; guiding professional development opportunities; and addressing employee relations issues;