Want to help save the planet? Since establishing the Africa Program in 2007, The Nature Conservancy’s vision in Africa is to work towards fostering a sustainable future for people and nature, partnering with indigenous communities across 55 million acres on the continent. Our efforts are firmly rooted in people, leveraging scientific and technical expertise as we collaborate with governments and organizations to conserve and enhance Africa’s shared resources in the 9 countries we operate.
TNC’s work in Africa transcends three key pillars: securing ownership rights to lands and resources for indigenous people, strengthening leadership and resource management and helping communities value nature through a holistic appreciation of its benefits while increasing revenue streams for conservation efforts and socio-economic development. Together with our partners, we are witnessing critical milestones in integrated land and fisheries management, ocean and source water protection, energy development and sustainable food production, working together and strengthening our resolve in tackling global challenges such as climate change, habitat and biodiversity loss that stands to adversely impact the nearly 1.4 billion people that share Africa. In South Africa TNC works with government, private sector, NGOs, and community stakeholders to restore priority catchments and conserve important landscapes.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- BA/BS/Technical degree in conservation practice or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in coordinating multiple invasive plant control activities.
- Experience in downloading hydrological monitoring data, capturing data, and updating databases
- Experience in working and liaising with partners, stakeholders, contractors, and service providers.
- Must have successfully completed accredited Worksite Management training.
- Must have successfully completed the theoretical component of accredited Pest Control Operator Training.
- Experience completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- Experience communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English.
- Must have a valid code 8 driver’s license.