NRDC is seeking a Nature Carbon Solutions Project Officer to work with the nature team in our Beijing office. This Officer will work closely with the nature and international teams to develop nature-based carbon sequestration opportunities and advance nature conservation and climate mitigation efforts within China and internationally. The Officer’s work will cover a broad spectrum of activities ranging from conducting technical and advisory analyses, to leading a field carbon project, to presenting project results at conferences. The Officer will work with both China and U.S.-based team members and report to the China Conservation Director.
- Work with the team to design and implement nature carbon policies and projects in alignment with biodiversity, climate mitigation, and other NRDC priorities.
- Meet regularly with Chinese and international officials to provide NRDC’s perspective on nature-based solution (NBS) issues and, ideally, develop joint efforts to conserve nature;
- Advocate in furtherance of NRDC’s nature and climate goals with government officials, scientists, and others from various countries at international and domestic meetings;
- Develop and write reports for NRDC analyzing Chinese law, policies, and practices concerning forest carbon and NBS;
- Help organize and attend relevant meetings, symposia, and conferences;
- Develop fact sheets, blogs, and other materials on NBS in Chinese and translate documents from Chinese to English and from English to Chinese, as needed.
- Other related duties assigned by the team.