The Northeast Division (NED) Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Justice (DEIJ) Program Manager will provide DEIJ support and guidance in the areas of talent management and retention, staff development and training, organizational development and recruiting, with a high level of expertise as outlined. This position reports to the Connecticut state director and has a close working relationship with TNC’s Global DEI Office as well as the Division HR Business Partner.
The Northeast Division (NED) Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Justice (DEIJ) Program Manager will lead and coordinate DEIJ efforts and activities that ensure DEIJ principles are an integral part of every aspect of work throughout the Division, providing guidance and assistance to all levels of personnel.
This position requires travel throughout the Northeast Division (up to 50% of time) and work long or flexible hours as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Lead and coordinate DEIJ work among Northeast chapters and programs to ensure consistency of approach and alignment with TNC’s Global DEI Initiative.
- Understand the goals and principles of the TNC Global DEI program and use that framework to guide DEIJ efforts and increase cultural competency throughout the Division.
- Identify best practices and facilitate shared learning among NED chapters and programs, including opportunities for staff development and training.
- Directly support Northeast Division chapters to develop their processes and practices for recruiting, talent sourcing, hiring and onboarding, with the goals of increasing staff diversity, improving retention of a diverse workforce, and building a culture which is representative of the communities served by the Division.
- Provide connections within BIPOC networks and underrepresented communities and groups to create partnerships in order to support recruitment efforts.
- Work with Division Leads to integrate DEIJ principles into Northeast Conservation Priorities (Climate Action, Climate Adaptation, Conserve Lands & Waters, Healthy Oceans). Provide insight into the impact of conservation work in diverse and under-represented communities.
- Collaborate with key staff to develop strategies and implement new initiatives as needed to achieve DEIJ goals.
- Provide data, reports and analysis as requested and develop division wide metrics and tracking methods in collaboration with the Global DEI Team.