The NY Chief of Staff works closely with the NY Executive Director, NY Executive Team, senior leaders, and trustees to provide strategic, substantive, and operational support for the organization. They will assist the NY Executive Director with efforts to ensure timely implementation of initiatives. They may supervise and work with multiple team members, volunteer leaders and partners to maximize efficiency and coordination among multiple departments or operating units. They will develop and utilize a deep understanding of the operational, administrative and conservation initiatives and a clear understanding of how they work together to achieve goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Work closely with New York Division leadership to accomplish strategic plan goals, initiatives, and projects.
- Anticipate organizational challenges and opportunities and recommend courses of action.
- Champion and assist with the implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Plan and facilitate select board engagement activities to build understanding, invite counsel and achieve NY Division goals.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the nuances and implications of initiatives on finance and human resources and coordinates activities with respective areas.
- Develop and implement practices to ensure high performance and alignment across NY Division functions. Foster collaboration, connections and quality conversations.
- Set and meet programmatic and NY Division level strategic goals and objectives.
- Direct or participate in negotiations for complex or sensitive agreements in conjunction with the subject matter expert if applicable.
- Offer perspective and support for all staff to ensure timely and effective internal communications and follow through for initiatives within sphere of control.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and emotionally-charged information.
- Travel occasionally, working longer or flexible hours as needed.
- Respond to time-sensitive matters and deliver quickly while managing complex, longer-term initiatives.
- Practice analytical, innovative, adaptive, strategic, and big picture thinking.