BirdLife ECA is a Partnership of 47 national conservation organisations and a leader in bird conservation. Our unique local to global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
BirdLife ECA is one of the six regional Secretariats that compose BirdLife International, the global authority on the status of bird species. Based in Brussels, it supports the European and Central Asian Partnership and is present in 46 countries including all EU Member States.
With more than 4.100 staff in Europe, 2 million members and tens of thousands of skilled volunteers, BirdLife Europe and Central Asia, together with its national Partners, owns or manages more than 6,000 nature sites totalling 320 000 hectares.
The selected intern will work in the policy team, line managed by the Senior Marine Policy Officer.
The intern’s responsibilities will include:
– Organise meetings, circulate agenda’s and note taking;
– Attend meetings of the policy officers with actors in the EU institutions, specifically in the European Parliament and related to marine policies;
– Carry out research and prepare draft reports;
– Assist work with partners where needed;
– Prepare PowerPoint presentations and other materials, etc