The Operations Officer will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the program by implementing tactics for approved plans and completing day-to-day tasks and activities. Reporting to the Associate Operations Manager-Africa Region, the position will be based at the TNC office in Arusha, Tanzania.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU
The Operations Officer will work as part of a team within a business unit coordinating tasks related to one or more functional activities, such as operations support, procurement, meetings management, special events, training, volunteer program.
- Perform specific administrative support to Arusha and Dar es Salaam based TNC employees and make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
- Identify routine problems and utilize existing resources for resolution, referring difficult questions and problems to supervisor.
- Supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff, including training and orientation and demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Financial responsibility include purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget tracking and participate in annual audit processes.
- Managing of office petty cash and ensuring timely replenishment in accordance to Finance standard operating procedures
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of team meetings, coordinating logistics for special events and/or meetings, workshops, trainings with partners and government stakeholders purchasing, central filing and program Inventory.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory obligations, renewal of business permits, payment of signage fees, and compliance with NGO requirements for TNC Tanzania.
- Coordinate transport logistics; Fleet/vehicle management; booking travel and accommodation for TNC and non-TNC travelers (both local and international).
- Be willing to travel, work overtime, and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain of