The Operations Manager & Trustee Liaison (Manager) is responsible for managing the Kentucky offices and performing multiple administrative functions within the chapter. This person will maintain all office systems and equipment, work with lessors to ensure offices are running effectively, create and communicate policies and procedures, and is ultimately responsible for reception and mail distribution. The Manager will be in charge of accounts payable by working with various staff to ensure invoices are paid efficiently and will troubleshoot accounting problems and create reports. They are also responsible for depositing incoming checks in a compliant and timely manner. This role will serve as a liaison to the Kentucky Board of Trustees and will assist the Director of Finance and Operations in completing Human Resource functions such as submission of paperwork and onboarding of new employees. They will also aid in the coordination, planning, and oversight of events for staff and trustees. This is a full-time position, but part time (25 hours minimum) will be considered for the ideal candidate. The position is based in Lexington, KY, and reports to the Director of Finance & Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
With the Director of Finance & Operations, oversee administration and efficiency in all Chapter facilities. Specifically:
- Manage and maintain the Lexington and Louisville offices to keep them functional and efficient. Function as the main liaison with landlord(s) for office maintenance, cleaning, and repairs. Manage thermostats/HVAC issues and office security. Coordinate TNC publications/swag with other departments as needed. Create and communicate office-specific policies and procedures to staff.
- Maintain all office systems and equipment (i.e. copier, postage meter, printers, kitchen appliances) and track/negotiate related contracts and agreements. Purchase office equipment and supplies and ensure appropriate stock is on hand. Assist IT with computer and server management as well as the telephone/voicemail system.
- Manage fleet of vehicles including scheduling maintenance and repairs, assisting in contracting for new vehicles, vehicle registration and insurance, and ensuring staff compliance with mileage logs and reporting to grants services.
- Act as Lexington receptionist which includes greeting visitors, being on site to accept deliveries and service calls, ensuring the office is kept clean and organized and publications updated, managing phones (forwarding calls and returning voicemails) and emails, and processing incoming/outgoing mail and donations.
- Ensure Kentucky Field Offices throughout the state are running optimally. Help to coordinate vendors, ensure equipment is working properly and contracts are current. Ensure policies and procedures related to office security and safety are current and understood. Travel to Field Offices as needs arise to deliver equipment or assist in new hire onboarding.
- Work with the Director of Finance & Operations to ensure all office safety/emergency plans, including documentation and training, are current. Act as secondary Send Word Now (emergency notification software) user, and manage all OSHA posting and reporting requirements.
- Manage the accounts payable system. This includes working within the SAP Concur system to obtain I-9’s and Conflict of Interest forms, prepare invoices, resolve problems relating to accounts payable, and maintain productive relationships with vendors. Track invoices paid and projects/accounts charged and ensure proper coding; train staff and act as a resource to all staff in answering payment questions.
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reports for office expenses. Manager will also act as a delegate for Concur expense report approvals for State Director direct reports.
- In conjunction with the Development department, deposit incoming checks in a compliant and timely manner.
- Work with Director of Finance to track leases, update TNC lease team on additions and changes and complete quarterly certifications of all leases in and out.
- Manage the Conflict of Interest Form database to ensure all forms are properly filed and current.
- Track and maintain all contracts entered into by the Kentucky business unit.
- Prepare quarterly budget to actual reports for individual projects as requested by the Director of Finance & Operations.
- Serve as backup for the Insight financial reporting system to provide assistance to the DFO and/or to fulfill the requests of staff when DFO is out of the office or unavailable. This includes running preloaded or ad hoc reports and researching individual transactions when necessary.
- Assist with annual budgeting and create tracking reports as needed.
- Develop and manage shared documents and resources (i.e. directories, policies, guides). Ensure resources are kept current and easily accessible to all staff.
- Assist the DFO with onboarding new employees and interns and demonstrate sensitivity when handling confidential information.
- Manage assets inventory and related updates to insurance company.
- Assist with the coordination of office events and staff-wide meetings and outings including preparing materials, making reservations, and gathering needed food/supplies. Provide meeting support and support IT with A/V troubleshooting in meeting rooms.
- Provide direct support to the State Director including expense reporting, arranging travel, and managing schedule as needed.
- Arrange travel for staff as requested including accommodations, airfare, rental vehicles, etc.
- In coordination with the DFO, represent Operations on various Chapter and/or Divisional teams.
- Assist DFO with operations related tasks and project as requested.
- Does not supervise any staff but may help plan and direct the work of volunteers, interns, or youth.
- Prioritize tasks in the absence of specific instructions and make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments; duties are performed according to instructions or established practices and supervisor will resolve any problems or questions.
- Work overtime as needed (infrequently). Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain. Travel is minimal and includes visiting other TNC offices, remote Board meetings, and attending trainings when held out of state.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Serve as liaison to the Kentucky Board of Trustees by:
- Assisting the State Director on Trustee Communications as needed.
- Ensuring Trustees complete required training, including Compliance Trainings.
- Assist the State Director on tracking Board terms of service and other duties associated with Nominating and Governance of the Board of Trustees.
- Organizing trustee meetings including:
- Booking meeting venues and ensuring they include all necessary access and equipment.
- Organizing meals and snacks.
- Review, organization, and binding of Board Book and other required materials.
- Arranging transportation and other travel accommodations.
- Gathering all needed items for the day of the meeting or event such as materials, name tags, computer equipment, etc. to ensure we are well prepared.
- Working with partners or trustees when instructed.
- Managing the meeting the day of and being on point to assist with any issues.
- Responsible for wrap-up of meeting, clean-up, and ensuring all TNC items utilized are properly returned to the office.
- Assist with preparing and mailing donor stewardship/gift acknowledgment letters.
- Provide support for mass mailings and communications when needed by printing, supplying postage, and mailing.
- Manage credit card receipts and accompanying paperwork.
- Provide administrative assistance and select project management to assist conservation staff as needed.