The Outreach and Volunteer Specialist will be responsible for maintaining existing and creating new volunteer initiatives and community outreach programs and supporting other functions and conservation priorities of CCI/TCP. They will help raise the organization’s profile through select and strategic venues and partnerships, may serve as “brand ambassador” for the Conservancy’s mission, and inspire people to want to learn more and engage with the organization in meaningful ways. Although this position supports educational events such as class visits and training, their primary focus is on outreach experiences associated with TCP.
The Outreach and Volunteer Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of a strategic community engagement program aimed at:
- increasing the Conservancy’s visibility,
- increasing the impact of the Center for Conservation Initiatives,
- engaging a broader constituency in support of conservation,
- engaging those who are interested in conservation but not yet familiar with the Conservancy, and
- inspiring the next generation of conservation leaders and supporters.