The Nature Conservancy in Maine seeks an Outreach Manager to broaden our communications and engagement with new audiences, deepen the impact of our conservation work through outreach, and increase our visibility across the state. The person in this role will partner closely with our Chapter’s Development, Conservation, Science, and Government Relations teams to build and execute outreach strategies designed to deliver our messages to priority audiences, including new-to-TNC audiences and groups traditionally underrepresented in conservation. The Outreach Manager will be a key member of our Communications team as our chapter embarks on an ambitious fundraising campaign.
The Outreach Manager partners with teams across the organization to connect our work with key audiences. They think innovatively about how we can be reaching more people in more ways that are consistent with our mission and brand. They understand both traditional and emerging approaches to outreach and propose creative solutions for how we can use both to reach new audiences. They prioritize building strong, respectful relationships with internal and external partners as the key to successful outreach.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Develop our strategic approach to reaching new audiences in a way that is inclusive, welcoming, and aligned with organizational goals.
- Build up our Chapter’s email outreach capacity, establish a content strategy for recurring emails to our audiences, and lead efforts to grow our email recipients list.
- Help steward our social media presence, develop relevant content, and engage with audiences.
- Work with Development staff and others to develop our Chapter’s approach to public-facing events and programs.
- Work with our Community Initiatives Manager and others to develop collaborative external partnerships that connect us with new audiences.
- Work closely with conservation and science staff to understand their work, hone their messages and presentations, and develop strategies to connect their work with key audiences.
- Work with our Government Relations staff and others to elevate our policy outreach and communications.
- Manage our Presentations Tracker to organize our public presentations and collect key data.
- Engage in learning and practicing principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and using these principles as a lens in communication and decision-making.
- Integrate our volunteer program into outreach and help us develop our volunteer engagement.
- Help us communicate more effectively with volunteers in order to build and cultivate those relationships.