We are currently a 9 million dollar organization with a team of around 50 distributed staff. Our HQ is in San Francisco, California and we have staff members in other parts of the US, Indonesia, Japan, the United Kingdom and a few other countries.
We are looking for a hands-on People & Culture Generalist to be part of our 2 person HR team, reporting to the Sr. Manager of People & Culture. This position will help coordinate and implement organization-wide policies and procedures that align with best practices in the field and fully support the organizational culture of RAN. Leading HR functions with racial justice and equity at the center is essential for this role. The work location for this position is flexible.
Areas of responsibility
- Serve as the primary liaison between RAN and its PEO (ADP TotalSource) to collaborate, update, and review HR-related documents/incidents while maintaining all personnel records in BambooHR and analyzing reports ensuring data integrity
- Manage the overall talent recruitment effort for all positions, and build out diverse networks to recruit from
- Advise hiring managers in identifying talent needs, preparing, reviewing, and updating job descriptions
- Conduct all employee HR onboarding (payroll system, mandatory trainings, etc.) and exit interviews
- Manage the yearly performance appraisal process
- In consultation with the Executive team, ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of the RAN Employee Handbook
- Perform benefits administration (both health, retirement plans, leaves) to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, annual re-evaluation of policies for effectiveness based on staff needs
- Keeper of the RAN holiday and office closure calendar
- Communicate and champion HR best practices, RAN values and RJ principles with staff
- Responsible for upkeep of BambooHR, our new HRIS system.
- Assist in implementing and annually benchmarking staff salaries and developing budgets (COLA & merit increases); supporting managers in re-writing job descriptions as necessary; staying abreast of compensation trends in the nonprofit sector.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager of People & Culture in developing and implementing overall HR strategies, tactics, and procedures across the organization. Monitor and update on a periodical basis.
- Under the guidance of the Sr. Manager of People & Culture, strengthen employee relations by proactively addressing concerns, grievances, or any other HR issues
- Assist in various aspects payroll administration including but not limited to timesheets, accurate tracking of PTO, overtime management, minimum wage requirements, etc.
- Facilitate the annual organizational survey and report back to Leadership team and staff
- Function as part of the HR knowledge center on all related compliance and regulatory matters.