Informed by the strategic direction of the Operations Manager, the person in this position will ensure the regular, timely, and accurate entry of a variety of important donor and program information into the development database. The position will also provide project support independently and administrative support as needed. These responsibilities include but are not limited to direct donor contact; complex data tracking and hygiene; writing and copy-editing assignments; and other tasks as assigned. The position requires frequent interaction the general public and with staff members across the organization.
Project Management 20%
- Coordinate fulfillment of inquiries, including tracking responses, preparing fulfillment materials, and prompting staff follow up.
In coordination with Operations Manager, perform regular and one-off data hygiene projects in the database to assure high quality, accurate reporting.
- In collaboration with Operations Manager, draft and submit grant reports as needed for any estate gifts.
- Work with the Donor Marketing and Engagement team and others to coordinate the various aspects of select events and mailings, such as the Annual Report, victory updates, and regional and program reports to help ensure message, strategy alignment, list accuracy and the effective leveraging of existing materials and activities.
- Represent the Planned Gifts team on working groups with staff from across the Development Department to ensure the coordination and alignment of the cross-teams activities and processes, including onboarding and internal communications.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of data entry and administration process manuals.
- Assist Operations Manager with other projects as needed.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship 20%
- Provide first line of customer service support for donors contacting the planned gift department by mail, email and phone; triaging as well as fulfilling information to ensure a timely response. Serve as an ambassador of Earthjustice in these interactions with tact, professionalism and good energy.
- Assist with the execution of donor acknowledgment letters, proposals, and mailings, including proofreading, editing and production.
- Provide back-up donor contact support, including taking calls from donors, for gift officers, as needed.
- In collaboration with Planned Gifts Individual Gift Officers, execute discrete donor outreach campaigns for stewardship or discovery, as needed.
Data Entry and Data Management 30%
- Ensure donor engagement information is captured in the database in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Track incoming marketing leads in the database and ensure leads are fulfilled in a reasonable period of time.
- Work with third-party estate administrator to track status of estate gifts in donor database and upload proper documentation.
- Assist with the execution of mailings, including individual proposals, broad in-house letter projects, lead fulfillment, and other miscellaneous mailing and shipping tasks, on an ongoing basis or as needed.
- Organize and file important donor paperwork digitally and in-office.
- Administer matching gift campaigns: evaluate the eligibility of incoming gifts and track gift information as required by grant agreements.
- Schedule and coordinate onboarding of any new Planned Gifts staff.
- Manage all information relating to current planned giving donors, prospects, and estates in a manner that emphasizes the highest standards of accuracy, timeliness, thoroughness, data integrity and confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Administrative Support 20%
- Provide administrative support to the Director and other Planned Gifts staff, including assistance with travel, meetings, scheduling and other forms of support for the wider team, as needed.
- With guidance from the operations manager, maintain and track expenses against project and activity costs, process all invoices, expenses, and check requests.
- Provide primary administrative support for the Director, including all scheduling and meeting management, employing best use of technology, including Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Take notes and coordinate the agenda at team meetings.
- Support the planning and coordination of team cultivation events.
Research, Training and Engagement 10%
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Earthjustice’s initiatives in order to educate and inform donors and prospects about our mission and work/impact.
- Grow understanding of philanthropy developments and fundraising techniques by attending meetings, conferences, and participating in training programs.
- Participate in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and program trainings and informational sessions to develop a deeper understanding of Earthjustice’s values and program work.
- Serve as a member of non-fundraising organizational or departmental working group or planning committees, as appropriate.
- Complete IT security trainings and stay updated and aligned with organization best practices.