The PMA will work across southeast Minnesota. They will participate in preserve management tasks including prescribed burning activities, removal and chemical treatment of exotic species, tool and equipment maintenance, seed harvest, and monitoring and data collection. They may assist with leading volunteers, seasonal staff, interns, and Conservation Corps MN crews. More detailed information follows
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Assist with maintaining public and private lands including state-owned Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) as well as TNC preserves and other protected lands.
- Prescribed burn preparation, implementation, and post-fire monitoring with TNC and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MNDNR) staff.
- Remove and chemically treat herbaceous and woody invasive species.
- Native seed harvest.
- Monitor and record data entry for various logs, photo points, and vegetation research monitoring.
- Post and sign properties.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Will perform other preserve management duties when conditions are not conducive to prescribed fire.
- Works in a high stress team environment.
- Works under close supervision.
- Ability to perform heavy physical work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances.