WRI’s next President/CEO needs to be a globally-oriented leader able to steer the organization to drive bold ideas, design solutions based on quality research and evidence, ensure program focus and delivery, foster and support a diverse and inclusive organization of talented and mission-oriented people, and forge coalitions with governments, corporations, civic leaders, and communities to achieve impact at scale.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Reporting to and working closely with the WRI Board to ensure that WRI remains clear and ambitious in its vision and strategic intent, with an integrated approach for delivering impact.
- Leading WRI’s talented, diverse, multi-cultural, multi-national, and multi-generational staff, to convert ideas into action, through the Institute’s programs, research, analysis, engagement, and its journey to put equity, diversity and inclusion at the core of WRI’s programmatic work, talent and practices.
- Integrating and consolidating WRI’s “sisterhood” model of operations and collaboration across WRI’s extensive programs, geographic regions, and core institutional function areas, while ensuring that its systems, processes and rigor are fit for purpose given WRI’s size, scale, complexity, and impact.
- Serving as an ambassador, representative and spokesperson for WRI’s work, including through cultivating existing and creating new relationships, partnerships and initiatives.
- Supporting major fundraising and development efforts for WRI as an institution, bringing insights and network of contacts to strengthen WRI’s donor relationships and fundraising efforts.