The Indian Boundary Prairies Youth Program Assistant will assist the Community Engagement Specialist/Program Coordinator with Youth Program curriculum development and implementation, recruitment, hiring and evaluation of youth interns and mentor. The Youth Program Assistant will assist with oversight of the youth program which will consist of on-site and virtual education, stewardship activities at the Indian Boundary Prairies, environmentally focused outings/trips, and recreational activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Will assist in planning, implementation of the IBP Youth Program.
- Will assist in the hiring of youth interns and mentors.
- Will lead and monitor youth interns as assigned.
- Will assist with the daily management and implementation of the youth program and interns to ensure participation, safety and compliance with the program and mandates of The Nature Conservancy.
- May network with diverse groups, including members of the Markham community, its leadership and business owners, conservation partners, government officials, donors, board members, and the general public to educate and encourage support for the Youth Program, their communities the Indian Boundary Prairies and The Nature Conservancy programs/preserves.
- Troubleshoot and make sound independent decisions based on analysis, experience, and context.
- May be outdoors in variable weather conditions under moderately physically demanding circumstances.