In 2019, the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) established the FSC Indigenous Foundation (FSC- IF) as the operational office of the Permanent Indigenous Peoples Committee (PIPC). The FSC-IF is a private interest foundation in accordance with Law No. 25 of June 12, 1995 of the Republic of Panama. The mission of FSC-IF is to enable an enabling environment to guarantee the rights of Indigenous Peoples and promote sustainable forest-based solutions within 300 million hectares of indigenous forests on the planet. The vision is that Indigenous Peoples’ global values, rights, livelihoods, ecosystem services, natural capital and communities are incorporated into forest governance, climate change governance and market systems.
The FSC-IF seeks a Program Lead for Monitoring, Evaluation, Knowledge, and Social Learning (PL-MEKSL) for the IPARD. The PL-MEKSL will be responsible for developing and overseeing the IPARD’s M&E and Knowledge and Social Learning Strategy by connecting O1, O2, and O3 of the Program by working closely with technical leaders, sub-grantees, contractors, partners, and Indigenous Peoples Organizations to ensure effective integration of MEL activities across program areas, work plans, and national projects according FSC-IF, USAID, and international best practices. She/he will work with the IPARD PD, IPARD Deputy-Director (IPARD DP) and Program teams in Latin America, Africa and Asia as well as partners to ensure that relevant data is collected, analyzed, and used to promote social learning and support knowledge and program management and decisions for achieving the Program’s annual and multi-year objectives.
- Act as Leaders on MEKSL ensuring effective developing, implementing, and adapting of monitoring, evaluation, and social learning strategies of the IPARD’s objectives including analysis and data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods, protocols through the life of the Program.
- Lead and oversee the development and execution of social learning strategies and plans in coordination with IPARD PLs and partners including mentor IPO networks, knowledge exchange and best practices, learning communities, learning tools, methods, and frameworks.
- Set and monitor learning and knowledge principles, practices, results, and outputs in line with respect to FPIC and Indigenous knowledge property.
- Apply social learning and knowledge data management to support the capacity development of IPO network on MEL tools and approaches to strengthen their capacities on program and project management practices.
- Design and manage monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems across all IPARD’s programmatic areas that leverages qualitative and quantitative methods, and draws from a variety of data sources to measure progress and evaluate impact, as well as support collaboration, learning, and adaptation for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Systematize and communicate information obtained through M&E activities to program staff, Indigenous Peoples organizations, and external stakeholders, including USAID, the FSC-IF Managing Director, and IPARD Steering Committee, to enable informed decision making;
- Create a social learning and Indigenous knowledge framework in which it will incorporate al Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Collaborating Learning and Adaptive methodologies.
- Ensure data collection process and methodologies are functioning in all activity locations to provide quality, timely data;
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
- Conduct regular communication with Program’s implementing partners, sub-grantees, and contractors as well as conduct fieldworks, as possible, to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of program activities;
- Produce M&E monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for the IPARD PD, FSC-IF Council, IPARD Steering Committee, and donors, as needed and on-time;
- Providing support to finance and administration areas of the Program through results and information from MEL strategies and in line with USAID CLA (Collaborative Learning and Adapting) approach
- Oversee grantees and contractors in the area of his/her responsibility ensuring timely, consistent, and adequate compliance with the work plans, budget, and FSC-IF performance management system related to IPGRD Program and USAID.
- Other responsibilities include assisting the Program Director with outreach and engagement with the private sector, universities, NGOs, the Government of [country] and other donors, as required.