The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP’s Law Division works with international and non-governmental organizations, national and local governments, business and industry to develop and implement policies, strategies and practices that are cleaner and safer, incorporate environmental costs, use natural resources efficiently, reduce pollution and risks for humans and the environment, and enable the implementation of Conventions and international Agreements. This position is located in the Law Division, OzonAction Branch in Paris. Under the supervision of the Programme Officer, Executive Committee and Programme Officer, Partnerships OzonAction Compliance Assistance Programme (CAP) and the overall supervision of the Head of OzonAction, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
– Participates in the development and evaluation of assigned Multilateral Fund programmes/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
– Researches, analyzes and presents information about the Branch’s Multilateral Fund projects and services gathered from diverse sources.
– Contributes to policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies on Executive Committee work.
– Implements activities related to the refrigeration servicing sector including survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
– Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
– Coordinates the partnerships consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.;
– Undertakes outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
– Performs other duties as required.