The position serves as the deputy to the Programme Head of the Deltas and Coasts programme for Wetlands International globally. In this role you will oversee mobilisation and implementation of a portfolio of projects in different regions, providing strategic guidance to project managers across the network. You will be responsible for the management of several large programmes for which the Global Office leads. Initially this includes the Global Mangrove Restoration initiative : a large mangrove restoration programme, focusing on Guinea-Bissau, Tanzania, Indonesia and Philippines, and including a global outreach component; and Global Mangrove Watch: a global remote sensing programme that provides real time data on trends in status and distribution of mangroves in support of enhanced mangrove conservation policy and practice.
The job also includes external representation, programme development and establishment of relevant knowledge and tools. This contributes to the mobilisation of the Coasts and Deltas programme in line with Wetlands International’s Strategic Intent 2020-2030.
Responsibilities and tasks
Programme oversight and supervision
- Guide project managers on project start-up and implementation, performing quality control, checking adherence to organisational standards and procedures and ensuring alignment with the deltas and coasts implementation plan and other planning frameworks;
- Line management of part of the team;
- Oversee narrative and financial reporting and donor liaison;
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and documentation of our track record;
- Provide strategic and technical inputs to publications, tools and other communications products and ensure quality control;
- Support alignment with, and provide strategic and technical input to other programmes at Wetlands International as appropriate.
- Ensure optimal programme set-up, technical and financial implementation and reporting and contribute to further programme expansion;
- Provide effective leadership of project team(s) comprising Global Office and network staff and partners;
- Run collaborative processes with internal and external stakeholders required in projects;
- Document achievements and lessons learned, ensuring strategic communication of project outcomes to internal and external stakeholders;
- Align with initiatives within and outside Wetlands International;
- Develop and disseminate knowledge and tools;
- Donor liaison and stewardship.
Resource and partnership development
- Identify fundraising opportunities and lead project proposal teams as appropriate;
- Proactively explore and develop new strategic partnerships;
- Establish and manage relevant internal and external contacts with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Represent Wetlands International in relevant forums and events, including the Global Mangrove Alliance and the Global Mangrove Watch consortium;
- Support donor stewardship including pro-active and timely communication with donors.
INSIDE Wetlands International: CEO, Management Team, Programme Heads, Global Office and Network Office staff in Deltas and Coasts Stream team and programmes.
OUTSIDE Wetlands International: Partner organizations, government agencies, international organizations, companies, wetland experts, donors, NGOs, and the extended network of Wetlands International.