Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Our Future Forests-Amazonia Verde Project aims to conserve nearly 73M hectares of the Amazon rainforest by 2025 by empowering Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities (IPLCs) and pioneering new financial mechanisms to advance conservation investments and incentives. The long-term conservation of the Amazon rainforest requires capacities, will, and finance. CI will build the capacities of IPLCs to lead on their own and give them the tools to access the funding they need to carry out their own initiatives to conserve forests and support livelihoods. Project activities will benefit more than 68,000 men, women and children and take place in 7 countries of the Amazon Basin: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru and Suriname.
The Project Assistant provides technical, logistics and administrative support to the Project Management Unit (PMU). More specifically s/he will be responsible for supporting a) the administrative coordination of the indigenous women fellowship program, b) the organization and implementation of project meetings and workshops including travel logistics, c) the proofreading of communication materials and other project documents written in English, d) the maintenance of the project’s internal resource hub and coordination tools, and e) follow up grant implementation with COICA in close coordination with the Senior Director, M&E Manager and Operations Manager.
The Project Assistant will work under the supervision of the PMU Director and provide overall support to the PMU team. S/he will closely coordinate with relevant country programs, PMU staff and other HQ-based divisions.
Indigenous women fellowship program:
- Support the project leads in 7 countries to implement local fellowships programs, integrating the activities as a part of one program, in close coordination with Comms Manager.
- Meetings and workshops, including travel logistics:
- Schedule meetings and workshops and manage the PMU’s calendar: internal conference calls, quarterly regional and technical meetings, annual steering committee meetings, technical workshops, learning events, etc.
- Support the implementation of meetings and workshops: organize meeting materials, collect meeting inputs, keep and organize meeting notes, lead in-person meeting logistics, etc.
- Arrange travels for PMU staff.
- Review and proofread any communication materials issued in English.
- Review and proofread any project documents issued in English
- Coordinate implementation of communication events as assigned
- Manage the project’s Teams site which is used as a resource hub
- Organize and file documents and resources from project staff
- Follow up the implementation plans, reporting of grantees
- Coordinate the organization of the steering committee with the Senior Director and the PMU
- Support technical and OPS staff in the follow-up and monitoring of the donation agreements and contracts, presenting detailed information on the monthly execution (reception and approval of reports, preparation of payment orders)